Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pitcher/Newtone Project

Now that my modal chord progression project is done, I have hit a wall with this project. The only two major changes to FL Studio are Pitcher and Newtone, both requiring vocals. I was considering doing something with the speech synthesizer like Kathys Song by Apoptygma Berserk, which I highly recommend listening to if you havent already. I played around with newtone and considered this style, but I figure it would simply take way too long for being at this point in the school year. So now im planning on just sticking with a typical electro style vocal, very heavily modified so auto-tune would only make it better. I had a couple beats and riffs, but im totally scratching them. I had a little over an hour to kill while waiting for dinner to be served, so I played around with the demo version, and got this [below]. The vocals actually are the only big peice I need to work on still, and I already know where im placing them, just not what they will say...

1 comment:

  1. I'm hearing a lot of "Ahhh" vocals and not a whole lot of text. Think women's choir texture.

    ReplyDelete