Monday, June 6, 2011

Pitcher/Newtone Project Update

I feel like its been forever since Ive had the chance to work on this song. Even worse is we only have a couple classes left in the semester... Today I did some tweaking of the song. My main file of the song somehow got screwed up and everything in the mixer got deleted (thats alot of lost info) so I am working off a different version I saved which is basically the same, but I think this version is headed in a better direction anyway. I have looked at some vocal samples and as much as I wanted to use some clips from Scala and Kolacny Brothers, the piano would have to be filtered out, and the tempo syncing would be rather difficult with that style of music. I simply dont have that much time left in the year. I have another sample im working with, and it will work, but im finding Pitcher to be a pain in the butt so im possibly going to move into Newtone. Pitcher just doesnt sound very high quality (I guess I am asking alot of it though).

1 comment:

  1. Pitcher is primarily designed for ease of use. With that comes some restrictions on what you can do with it. It's good at pitch correction, and playing back a vocal through a MIDI data file.
    Filtering out the piano from a Scala track will be difficult as the panning is all in the center (if it were left and right channel piano with vocal in the center it would be easy to filter out the left and right leaving you with just the center vocal). Since it's a girls choir, you could probably assume that the vocal frequencies were at a higher range than the piano and set up a filter to cut out all low (thus piano) frequencies leaving you with just the highs (girls vocals). But, time constraints, etc. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete