Monday, June 13, 2011

Pitcher Project

I really could have used more time for better arrangment and mixing. The vocals proved to be a real pain. I only had one class period with them in there. Pitcher got a little screwy since the vocals werent perfectly on tempo so the midi loop I sent them through was a little off beat with the vocal sample. It sounds like the vocalist is drowning... I didnt get much time to do mixing stuff so I pretty much just sent it through Maximus and some other plugins. I had some little bells and whistles to add in at points throughout the song, but unfortunately never got to them. I must admit one of the synths (the one that does the long runs between the vocals is just a preset in slayer, I didnt have time to create the sound I wanted. Im really dissappointed that I could not finish this project, there are so many obvious things that need to be fixed or improved upon.

1 comment:

  1. What you have here is good. I especially like the chord progression and the way the bass morphs in at :32. There is a really piercing high frequency in the opening synth line and stays through in the sustained part at 1:02 that you should probably consider EQ -ing out. The vocals are kind of unintelligible. You mentioned using some Samples from Scala and Kolancy Brothers in your previous posts and there are a bunch of tunes that have no piano, and that are long sustained choral lines. Those could float over a harmonically and rhythmically rich piece like this.
    Another note, I really like you use of pitch bend throughout this piece. I see where you have a few loose ends you'd like to clean up, but I understand where you were going with this. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete